I have decided to make a commitment to practice gratitude on a daily basis. With my practice, I am going to name Tuesdays- "gratiTuesday" as a reminder to reflect on all I am grateful for in the previous week. This past week has been about inspiration, courage, privilege.
This week I found 21 "gratitudes"
1. I am grateful for the inspiration and COURAGE I received to move forward in my coaching practice.
2. I am grateful for the inspiration and COURAGE I received to finally start this BLOG.
3. I am grateful for the inspiration three of my recent clients bestowed upon me, and for their COURAGE to look to me for guidance on their journey.
4. I am grateful for my husband, Peter, and his unwavering support of my ever changing dreams and aspirations. It definitely takes COURAGE for him to support his free-spirited, independent wife. :) I am also grateful for his COURAGE to dream with me and for his planning our next vacation before we finish our current one. :)
5. I am grateful for my oldest daughter, Jacquelyn, who isn't afraid to dream. Jacquelyn has the COURAGE to love me unconditionally, even when I have failed her. I am grateful and excited for the baby girl she is expecting in October.
6. I am grateful for my "adopted" daughter, Vanessa, who had to COURAGE to become a single mom and raise Kaya with the dignity and respect she deserves.
7. I am grateful for Kaya, who made me a grandma, even before I was ready. :) Kaya is COURAGEOUS and her natural curiosity inspires those around her to think. Kaya is a dreamer who deeply cares about all living things....I admire her COURAGE to become a VEGAN recently and continuing her commitment despite me, and those around her, discouraging her decision.
8. I am grateful for my oldest son Chase, who had the COURAGE to travel to Vietnam (and dismiss my incessant asking, "but what will you eat?") to live and teach English. His experience inspired him to pursue a career in teaching. I am grateful for his beautiful wife Jessie, daughter Ari, and baby (due December).
9. I am grateful for my son Kyle. Kyle had the COURAGE to not take "no" for an answer (or listen to my negativity) when he decided to join the Coast Guard. His COURAGE, determination, and perseverance, is truly an inspiration. I am grateful for his beautiful wife, Daniela and their daughter Layla.
10. I am grateful for my first baby girl Carly Grace. Carly is a COURAGEOUS Goddess, who shocked all of us when she moved out at 18 to follow her dreams. Her ability to manage working full-time, going to college and managing her finances at such a young age is such an inspiration. I am also thankful for her partner Naved.
11. I am grateful for my second baby girl, Brooklyn. Although her birth was quite a surprise, she has truly blessed our family. Brooklyn is going to accomplish great things in her life. This momma knows!
12. I am grateful for Grover, the poodle mix I adopted nearly three years ago. Although, I "rescued" him, he is the one who 'rescued" us.
13. I am grateful for my mom, Linda.
14. I am grateful for my mother-in-law, Irene and for raising a progressive man.
15. I am grateful for my father-in-law, Kent and his wife Gloria.
16. I am grateful for my career/job as it affords me a lifestyle of flexibility.
17. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful my body has the ability to heal itself.
18. I am grateful for my strength.
19. I am grateful for my resilience.
20. I am grateful for my education.
21. I am grateful for the privileges I have in this life.
Our Recent Posts
Cultivate Joy by Practicing Gratitude
September 27, 2018
Being Grateful on GratiTuesday
July 24, 2018
The Courageous Coach's Weekly Challenge:Create Your Commercial-You are what you think you are!